Chief Executive Officer - ICAR
Chief Executive Officer
For ICAR, we are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial visionary CEO to lead the organisation in the execution of its strategic plan toward achieving its mission.
Working closely with the ICAR Board, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the development and execution of the ICAR strategic plan by leading the ICAR Team and working groups to deliver value to ICAR members. The role includes managing service delivery, the day-to-day functions, staff and financial management and engaging with members and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The CEO is responsible to:
- Lead ICAR to fulfill its vision of being the universal language for sustainable animal production;
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet the organisation’s mission, goals and objectives;
- Deliver relevant and valued guidelines and services to ICAR members based on efficient ICAR business processes taking full advantage of technology;
- Build and maintain an effective and highly productive ICAR Executive Team;
- Provide information and documentation to support the work of the Board;
- Manage organizational finances, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting;
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the organization;
- Build and maintain relationships with members and key stakeholders;
- Represent the organization at public events and in the media.
Skills and qualifications required:
- University degree in agriculture or business;
- Good knowledge of organisational governance and at least three years of experience working with a board of directors;
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders;
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams;
- Strategic thinking, planning, visioning;
- A good understanding of animal agriculture.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position based in Utrecht, NL. Some international travel is expected. Employment is, according to Dutch labour law. Compensation is scaled to a maximum annual salary of € 110.000,- ~ € 130.000,- – to be determined as a function of skills and experience. Salary is excluded travel and expense allowances.
The ICAR Organisation
ICAR is an International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) that is the global provider of independent Guidelines, Standards and Certification for animal identification, recording and evaluation for sustainable farm animal production. ICAR provides its 130 members from 55 countries with an open network to share with, learn from and interact with fellow members and related stakeholders in global animal production.
With Guidelines and services, ICAR helps create quality-based animal production systems worldwide, connected systems that benefit its members, farmers, legislators and consumers. ICAR believes an unbiased scientific approach provides the appropriate framework for systems contributing to a sustainable food chain. ICAR works with the highest respect for human and animal integrity and welfare.
The ICAR Team is mainly based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, with some of the team based in Rome, Italy. Much of the work of ICAR is accomplished by volunteer working groups composed of the members of ICAR.
For information and to apply
For more information, please get in touch with Mr. Jos Houben of Crown Gillmore at +31(0)33 - 28 58 700. If you meet the requirements and expectations, you can apply in English and upload your CV and motivation via the Crown Gillmore website (www.crowngillmore.nl). We want to receive your application before April 17, 2023.